The following documentation below constitutes our privacy notice and, as such, governs our operations on a day-to-day basis
In this document, “Laskowski & Company”, “Laskowski & Co”, “our” or “we” refer to Laskowski & Company Estate Agents who are registered as a partnership company in England & Wales. Our registered address is 28 High Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 2AD.
We also use terminology in this document referring to “you” or “your” which denotes anyone whose personal information we process.
For this document, Laskowski & Company will be recognised as the data controller.
Laskowski & Co recognise, in accordance with data protection legislation, the handling of your data and personal information is highly sensitive and will be treated with strict confidentiality. We recognise that you are entitled to know how your personal information is being handled and processed to comply with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) yet, most importantly, the information we receive will not be used for any unintended uses or provided to third parties alike.
In the aim to provide total assurance, the policy below will explain:-
1. What personal information we collect from you.
2. How this information is collected and the time it is stored.
3. How we keep your data secure.
4. How we use, share and process this information.
5. The legal reasons for processing/sharing your information and;
6. Your rights in relation to your personal data and how you can contact us
Should we add to or amend this policy at any given time due to the way in which we handle your information, this document will be updated to reflect these changes.
Information collected from you is purely done so on the extent and relevance necessary to ensure we can provide our services to clients effectively and efficiently. This information can be broken down into the following:
– Title, first name and last name.
– Contact information – telephone/mobile number and email address.
– Contact address – first line of your address and postcode.
Further information is subsequently required should you sell or purchase a property through us, as required via our relevant governing bodies for Anti-Money Laundering purposes such as:-
– Proof of identity (i.e. copy of a passport or photocard driver’s licence).
– Proof of address (i.e. a recent utility bill or driver’s licence).
– Proof of funds to the amount confirmed by you relating to the sum of your purchase.
– Proof of ownership of a property to be sold such as Grant of Probate or Power or Attorney.
Depending on the type of service we are providing, the following data will be collected and stored when you are buying or selling a property through us, in relation to the following:-
– You contact our office to discuss an advertised property.
– You contact our office to arrange a viewing.
The length of time we hold your information for depends upon the circumstances under which you have dealt with us. The retention period may be longer than the time you have been in contact with Laskowski & Co where we have statutory obligations to do so or if a legal claim is made.
Our main priority is the safeguarding of any information received from you, making sure your data is stored safely and securely. Systems are in place to ensure unauthorised access is not gained by anyone outside of the workplace/business. The following systems we implement are:-
– Third party client management software designed to store, maintain, and manage data we receive daily. This can only be accessed via our staff for business purposes.
– Paper or hardcopy documentation is logged in locked filing cabinets.
All staff are trained accordingly with our systems for data management maintaining the high standards of privacy, security and professionalism expected. Access to personal information is purely restricted to employees or other parties who work alongside Laskowski & Co strictly for business purposes only.
The information we collect on our day-to-day activities, as detailed above, is subsequently used in the following scenarios if you are buying or selling through us:-
– Calling or emailing you when booking viewings.
– Calling or emailing you when there are relevant properties which meet your requirements.
– Calling or emailing you when discussing any offers or providing feedback with respect to your property sale.
– Calling or emailing you with respect to an enquiry sent via a property portal such as Rightmove/Zoopla or via our website.
– Calling or emailing you after a request has been sent to us via our website or property portals (as above) for the purposes of providing you with a valuation.
When purchasing a property, we may need to employ the services of a specialist third party company to ensure we comply to governing regulations relating to anti-money laundering purposes. In the event a specialist third party company is employed, we will ensure you are notified of who this is and their services.
For marketing purposes, we use your details to provide updates via telephone, email, post or SMS (mainly for the purposes of providing a free valuation) for the following:-
– Flyers relating to sold properties which we have recently dealt with.
– Promotion of our services via direct mail (post).
– Targeted social media adverts.
In some cases, we do not need your consent to send marketing material however, where we are obliged to do so, consent will be asked for separately and in a clear manner.
We would like to point out that your personal information is not sold to any third party and may only be shared under the proviso this helps us perform our duties with respect to the services we provide under which we are legally or contractually obliged to do so.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we are only able to legally collect your information on the following basis:-
– For employment related matters.
– To comply with any legal obligation.
– Where we need information to perform our duties to which we are contractually obliged.
– Where we can improve our services to the extent of what is deemed necessary for the following requirements:
– To improve our knowledge of the residential sales market locally, offering more tailored services to our clients via market research or analysis.
– To promote our business or brand by monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of the impact/reach of such marketing material only to the extent of which we have been instructed to do so by you, after any prior engagement, in order we can enhance your knowledge, understanding and to promote our services thereafter.
– To process any information deemed necessary to perform administrational tasks or technical aspects relating to our business in a manner deemed appropriate and effective. This will allow us to improve such areas as the validity of your information, the accuracy of your information, in order we can understand you as a customer better and the use of specialist third party companies for security purposes relating to buying and selling, if deemed necessary.
You have the following rights with regards to your personal information. We have listed these rights below:-
1. Right of access
You have the right to request access and be provided with a copy of the information we hold about you.
2. Right to amend or rectify
You have the right to contact us for the purpose of amending or rectifying any information we hold about you.
3. Right to erasure or be forgotten
You have the right to have your information erased in the following circumstances:
– If Laskowski & Co continue to use the information past the period beyond which it was originally intended and used for.
– If the way in which the information has been collected is in breach of Data Protection laws.
– If it is necessary to do so with regards to a legal request or to comply with any legal matter.
4. Right to be informed
You have the right to know how your information is being used and for what reason.
5. Right to restrict the processing of information
You have the right to have your information processing restricted where:-
– The information is inaccurate.
– The processing of information does not comply with Data Protection Regulations and/or is unlawful.
– You object to the use of any information we have collected.
– We no longer need or require the information but should remain logged with respect to any legal matters.
6. Right to not be subjected to automated individual decision-making
You have the right to not be subject to any decisions based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects regarding you or significantly affects you.
Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. For further information on each of the above rights, including the circumstances under which they apply, please contact us or visit the link below for further details.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us via email on [email protected] or alternatively contact us on 01326 318813. Please including the following information with your request:-
1. Information to identify you (i.e. proof of address and a copy of a passport or driver’s licence).
2. The basis for the request and which right you are exercising, together with the required information you need.
We hope you find our policies surrounding your data reassuring and of a standard deemed acceptable in most, if not, all cases. However, should you like to make a formal complaint, please do so to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.